Sunday, April 6, 2014

Springtime Hope

Each day, my little buddy and I walk around the house checking the flower. Last week we finally spotted little green shoots popping up amongst snow banks and piles of leaves and twigs. No flowers yet.
Well today the sun is shining and the birds are singing and when I looked out in the back yard a brilliant splotch of yellow caught my eye. After months and months of grey and brown and white and bleak and blah there it was... color! Crocuses.
I can't wait for little missy to wake up from her nap so I can take her out to see them. See honey, see?! I'll tell her, This I what we've been waiting for, checking for each day. Winter has been oh so long, and I know this season of Winter is all you can remember... But see? I told you Spring would come. I know everything looked dead, but under those piles of decaying leaves, these flowers have been protected all winter, waiting. We've had snow and sleet and freezing rain and so much snow. I know it felt like Spring would never come. But those bulbs waited and waited until the perfect time, and now here they are.

In the midst of dreary season of death and decay, isn't it amazing to see signs of life and hope?! Every winter I wonder how those flowers can survive it. Winter gets long and I think maybe this year they won't come up. But like the crocuses, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness!" (Lamentations 3:22-23)

1 comment:

  1. Love this verse Biz, what an encouragement our God is. To know that each day He has love that is fresh and unceasing for us! You are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment... I love to hear from you!