Friday, January 13, 2012

Nursery Overhaul 001 - Fabric!

The fun has begun!

At our December 29th ultrasound we saw for ourselves that our precious baby is a little girl. (WOOHOOO!)

Now let the decorating begin!
It took me all of 48 hours to get out and select the main fabric to build the nursery around. And I would've gone sooner except that one day was entirely taken up with work and a 6 hour drive to Iowa. So there we were on New Year's Eve in Iowa, fabric shopping.

But I found it.

It's perfect.


Completely non-typical baby. 
But the colors are gorgeous, the pattern is adorable... 
I knew from the start that I could have a lot of fun with it.


So here are my plans for it (and the complimentary fabrics I bought to go with it) :
- Baby quilt (actually, the quilt is going to be quite large! It will be large enough to fit a toddler bed, be used a lap quilt in the future, a throw for a couch or bed.. goodness, my girl could bring this quilt to college with her someday! ha.)
- Crib skirt
- Curtain valance
- Basket liners
- Mobile?
- Pillow for my rocking chair
- and whatever else I'm inspired to make!

1 comment:

Leave a comment... I love to hear from you!