Sunday, December 18, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes,
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes.
Brown paper packages tied up with strings,
These are a few of my favorite things!"

Everyone is making their lists this time of year. I decided to make one as well, but mine are all things I already have and that I love! Not only do I have everything that I NEED, but I have an awful of things that I also just really enjoy! So I'm sharing my list with you. Not only that, but there's a whole Favorite Things blogging movement, started on 320 Sycamore (thanks Jessica @ This Blessed Life for sharing!). Enjoy!


In my Kitchen...
Goodbye forever, Pam! Hello, Misto! Fill this bottle with a few inches of olive oil, pump to pressurize, and voila'! Grease cookie sheets, skillets, or add a bit of oil to your sandwiches or salads. You know exactly what you're spraying onto your food, it doesn't gum up on your pans, and it's so inexpensive and easy to refill! Love it.

In my Living Room...
 Willow Tree "Home" figurine. So precious... The love between the parents for each other and obvious love and care for their unborn child is captured so beautifully. We received this as a gift from Mom right after finding out I was pregnant.. It has a prominent place on a shelf in our living room. Love it.

In my Bedroom...
We bought this iron wall art to grace the wall above our bed. Artsy and earthy, it takes up lots of wall space and ties in with our dark furniture nicely. Love it.

In my Bathroom...
 Mary Kay Satin Hands.. a birthday gift I received from my sister. This stuff is incredible. In a quick, 3-step process you get soft, silky, SATIN HANDS. Start out with an intense moisturizer the consistency of vaseline, then pump on some hand scrub to exfoliate and cleanse. After rubbing that into knuckles, between fingers, and all over your hands in general, you rinse it all off and stand there staring at your hands amazed that such soft skin was always there somewhere. Rub the lotion in, and enjoy the feeling that you just got spa treatment in about 3 minutes in your own home! My sis sells Mary Kay... let me know if you want to order some. It's totally worth it. Seriously. Love it.

In my Laundry Room...
I bought this wall decal on Etsy for my first laundry room ever (still to come: pics of the laundry room makeover!). This saying just makes me chuckle every time I read it. And come on, anything that makes me smile while doing laundry is a keeper. Besides, aren't wall decals just an awesome way to decorate?! Love it.

In my Closet...

I got this BeBand from Target soon after finding out I was pregnant... or maybe it was more like when I first started to feel pregnant. I was still fitting into most of my regular pants, but buttoning that button was just a little too much pressure on the tummy. In came the BeBand. Wear regular pants leaving buttons unbuttoned, and pull on the band. It made work pants feel like sweatpants! Ahh.. relief. Also, I think everyone should just invest in one to keep around for Thanksgiving dinner :) BeBand... Love it.

2 comments:

  1. That misto and the satin hands look awesome. I love hearing tried and true recommendations from others! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Misto is one of my favorite things too! It's woooonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment... I love to hear from you!