Monday, October 3, 2011

Announcement

Cucina di Elisabetta, July 22: "I'm inspired.... Inspired to be up to my elbows in flour, surrounded by the smells of homemade sauces and homegrown herbs, taste-testing everything, and photographing and blogging the process." 

Well... I've got good (great!) news and some bad news:

Good: I'm PREGNANT!
Bad: I do not feel like being surrounded by the smell of anything, or taste-testing anything right now!

We told our siblings our news using a game of "hangman"
So while pasta has been put on hold for a bit, life has certainly been moving forward. Although we've been wanting to start a family, I can't say that seeing a "positive" on the pregnancy test was anything but a shock. As much as we like to think we can "plan" anything, conception is nothing short of a miracle.

In answer to many questions, my due date is April 26th. That currently puts me at about 10 out of 40 weeks. I found out at week 4, when Baby was the size of a Poppyseed. Now he or she is over an inch long, the size of a kumquat. (I had to google "kumquat" to know what it was, and haven't been able to find one to take a photo of yet.)





 However, here is the photo from last week, when Baby was about the size of a grape.



This child is awaited by first-time parents, first-time grandparents, first-time aunts and uncles, and first-time great-grandparents. He or she will never be lacking for love (or attention!).

My heart is full.

3 comments:

  1. Although I have seen pics of the grape, etc, I never saw someone take pics themselves! What an awesome visual to the miracle that is growing inside you!!! How can anyone doubt an awesome loving Creator when they think of stuff like this!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mary, this whole journey thus far (and it's only just beginning!!) is putting me even more in awe of our Creator God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to being a "first-timer" with you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment... I love to hear from you!