Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'm back!

     I just got back from two wonderful weeks with my family in Connecticut for my little sister's wedding. Congratulations Jul! She was an absolutely gorgeous bride.
     I had the privilege of being her maid of honor. Technically I was a matron of honor, since I'm married. But that makes me sound old! Besides, "maid" is more accurate :)
     The past six months have been filled with blue and turquoise, plans and projects. Jul asked me to help her with the planning... that entailed dresses, favors, order of ceremony, music, guest list, invitations, and more!
     One of my favorite projects was the wedding programs. Inspired by a few ideas I found online, I came up with a template for little booklets that included ceremony information as well as the seating arrangements for the reception. Once I had the template made I brought the file to Staples and they were able print the double sided inserts and cut them to the correct size, saving me hours!
 

 (Photos by Mary Newman, a creative and crafty friend - check out her blog: Made by Mary!)

     Now that I'm home again (after a somewhat eventful trip back including an unplanned night in Detroit), I can turn my attention to other things... such as my husband, my yet-to-be-completely-unpacked-or-organized house, pasta, and blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Look at that! My photos making your blog! LOL! Love it! And I love you guys. It was a fabulous time celebrating a couple who clearly love the Lord and one another! I so enjoy being with your family! Thanks for including us.
    I look forward to your future posts!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment... I love to hear from you!